So, I'm not going to bore you much, it's just some general information about some laws that can help you in your everyday life- both girls and guys.
1) A woman can be searched only by another woman with strict regard to decency.
2) Nothing is an offence done by a child under seven years of age.
3) No male or female under age of 15 years can be summoned by police as witnesses for investigation at any place other than their own residence.
4) A woman can be arrested only between 6 P.M and 6 A.M. only if she is arrested by a female officer and taken to an all women police station. If she is arrested by a male officer, he has to be assisted by a woman officer.
5) Sex before marriage amounts to rape. Even if there was promise of marriage, it cannot be proved, hence it would be rape.
1) Poke the attacker in the eyes since they are the most sensitive part of the body. Carrying a pepper spray would be recommended for working females who go home late at night through lonely roads.
2) A hard kick on the attacker's groin will leave the attacker unstable for some minutes.
3) A certain point in the neck area will cut off the attacker's breath. Kicking the knees will also help in slowing down the attacker.
4) If the attacker points a gun at you and asks you to get into a car, don't do it. Most criminals cannot shoot moving targets, so run away immediately.
Found this site while researching for this post. Might be useful for you people, if you are interested: www.mynation.net/study-report-dvact.htm
Thanks Harshita, for asking me to write a post on this topic. Hope I didn't disappoint you :)
Happy Birthday to Nidhi !! Please wish her on her blog :)
P.S- Most of you must have read all this in a forward, I know.