Despite having my college's most renowned computer expert(Bill Gates resigned since he heard about my brother, you know :D) as my rakhi brother in college, and despite spending eternity on the computer, I'm a total blonde (no offence to other blondes :P) when it comes to computers. I mean, it's too confusing. Why can't they say box instead of URL? Why do they use absurd words like LAN and confuse us so much? We already have Microsoft XP, then why do we need Vista?
Anyway, I struggle and try to pave a way out of my computer fiascos. Most of the time, I don't manage to figure out things myself; it's too pissing off. Usually, I get enlightened by my fellow homo sapiens(which includes intellectuals like Peter and Nidhi). I had written a previous post on one of my most famous (on blogger world) fiascos related to my mike on my laptop (It's labelled Eureka) After the roaring success. (people still taunt me for that. I can hear their roaring laughter hitting hard in my ears. Ouch.)
Here's a much needed sequel to them, The Eureka Moments....
1) Shift plus (I can't find the plus sign on the laptop. Where the hell is it? I wasted 15 mins searching for it. Crap). So, shift plus delete makes the thing get deleted forever, rather than go to Recycle Bin. How cool is that? I opened new document folders about 20 times and kept shift plus deleting it. Hee hee hee :-D
2) Muting the mike and trying hard to speak on it. How cool is that again....
3) You can save pics from other's orkut albums simply by dragging their pics and throwing them on the desktop. I won one over Mr. Orkut what's his name. Hah.
4) Clicking the webcam on for my sister and sitting in a nice pose, waiting for her to react on how nice/bad I'm looking. Wondering for 15 mins why she isn't reacting. Then receiving an angry message from her saying my webcam shows blank screen. Realizing after 15 more minutes that the cap of the webcam is still on it.
5) You can actually display (show off) whatever song you're listening to as your gtalk status message. The only fucking part is people on your list, whom you have added just because they are from your college, and then pretend they don't exist (and vice versa), message you asking you to send the song to them. That too, on my horrible net speed connection in the hostel. Dammit.
6) You can use the print button (which remains dusty half the time since it's not used and it's in the top portion. Poor thing, no one touches it. I even feel bad for the keys X,Q and Z because no one touches it.) Ya so, you can use the print button to get a print view of your desktop screen. I used it when I did the desktop story tag.