Friday, February 1, 2008

Look behind before talking and Bye Bye Gilly.......

Haven't updated my blog for months, since I've been busy watching my words. People often ask me to think before I act. I try to, but it's just being me when I spit out whatever comes on my tongue. That's an offence people often forget and forgive me. But what happens when Big Mouth's mouth works on and on and the subject of the discussion is standing right behind u, gazing daggers at the back of your head? Madhuri, of course, has the answer.......

During breaktime in the mess.......

"Hey, guess what, that junior XYZ likes my batchmate ABC !!!", an over excited me, gushing over the listener.
"Err...", the listener, who's eyes are fidgeting behind me and trying to say something with his eyes.
"Arre, don't look there, u listen to me naa! I'm sure even ABC likes XYZ !!! Really !! You think we should do something for them?", a still over excited me, wanting to play Cupid.
"Ummm...."the listener, who's eyes are fixed behind me.
"What!! What the....." I turn back irritated, just to see ABC's eyes boring into mine looking a mixture of irritation, annoyance, anger, all in one glance while the listener gives a "I told you" lecture and Madhuri is speechless and looks down at the floor, hoping it'll open up and she could sink inside.....

So, basically I've been watching my words these days, and life's going on a pretty straight forward path nowadays, thank goodness for that......

The conversation moves on to my favourite topic, cricket, one topic which people would not even bother to eavesdrop on......
Adam Gilchrist, one of the finest gentlemen to grace the cricket arena is finally retiring. It was truly a heart break to see him go off, weeping !!!!!!! Hurts, when he couldn't produce a fine end to his career, I don't give a damn even if his opposition was India. His wicketkeeping, his batting, his on and off field gestures, are all I'm gonna thorougly miss henceforth. I couldn't hold back my tears when I saw a Steve Waugh, an Inzy or a Lara or more recently a Gilly retiring. I can't imagine what's gonna go through me when a certain Sachin, Sourav and Rahul retire. I can only pray to the Lord, that they sign off in style. Change the topic, I dread to think of the day Indian cricket's gonna lose the Big Three.

Two quotes, before I sign off, from Adam Gilchrist, Gilly or Churchie.....

"I now know what Sachin Tendulkar feels every time he bats in India." Adam Gilchrist soaks it up while batting in his final Twenty20 in front of a packed MCG

"I was bawling my eyes out about two minutes before the final session." Adam Gilchrist reveals his softer side while delivering his final oration as a Test player

I'm already missing you, Gilly........

1 comment:

Unknown said...

cricket mad maddy..............wid her media job .updating GNLU